1. Acceptance of Terms. By using the Site, you agree to the terms of this Agreement and to any additional rules and guidelines that we post on the Site. We may make changes to this Agreement from time to time; we may or may not notify you of such changes by any reasonable means. Your use of the Site constitutes your acceptance of those changes. We may, at any time, modify or discontinue all or part of the Site; refuse to provide any user with access to the Site; charge, modify, or waive fees required to use the Site; or offer opportunities to some or all Site users.
2. Jurisdiction. The Site is controlled and/or operated from the United States, and is not intended to subject us to non-U.S. jurisdiction or laws, except as otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions outside of the United States. If you access the Site, you do so at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules, and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
3. Description of the Services. We provide users of the Site with access to general information and services about us, including, without limitation, (a) information such as newsletters, legal updates, articles, employee profiles, event details, videos, photos, text, data, and other similar content and (b) services such as event registration, subscription management, research tools, video players, and links to third-party websites (such information and services, collectively, the “Services”).
WHILE THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE CONCERNS RISK MANAGEMENT AND LEGAL ISSUES, IT IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE. MOREOVER, USE OF THE SITE IS NOT INTENDED TO CONSTITUTE, AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE, A SOLICITATION FOR THE FORMATION OF AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT OR RISK MANAGEMENT RELATIONSHIP; NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT OR RISK MANAGEMENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
Moreover, neither receipt of information presented on this site nor any email or other electronic communication sent through this site will create an attorney-client or risk management relationship, and any such email or communication will not be treated as confidential. No user of this site should act or refrain from acting on the basis of information included on this site without seeking legal advice of counsel or risk management professional in the relevant jurisdiction. We expressly disclaim all liability in respect of actions taken or not taken based on any contents of this site.
5. Rules of Conduct. While using the Site you will comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations. In addition, we expect users of the Site to respect the rights and dignity of others. Your use of the Site is conditioned on your compliance with the rules of conduct set forth in this section; your failure to comply with such rules may result in termination of your access to the Site pursuant to Section 12 below. You agree that you will not:
* Use the Site for any fraudulent or unlawful purpose.
* Use the Site to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others, including without limitation others’ privacy rights or rights of publicity, or harvest or collect personally identifiable information about other users of the Site.
* Impersonate any person or entity, falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in connection with the Site; or express or imply that we endorse any statement you make.
* Interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Site or the servers or networks used to make the Site available; or violate any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of such networks.
* Transmit or otherwise make available in connection with the Site any virus, worm, Trojan horse, Easter egg, time bomb, spyware, or other computer code, file, or program that is harmful or invasive or may or is intended to damage or hijack the operation of, or to monitor the use of, any hardware, software, or equipment.
* Restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Site (including without limitation by hacking or defacing any portion of the Site).
* Reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of, use of, or access to the Site.
* Modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, de-compile, or disassemble any portion of the Site.
* Remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notice from the Site or materials originating from the Site.
* Frame or mirror any part of the Site without our express prior written consent.
* Create a database by systematically downloading and storing Site content.
* Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device to retrieve, index, “scrape,” “data mine,” or in any way gather Site content or reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site without our express prior written consent. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we grant the operators of public online search engines limited permission to use search retrieval applications to reproduce materials from the Site for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of such materials solely in connection with each operator’s public online search service. We reserve the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific instances.
6. Registration. You may need to register or login to use part(s) of the Site. We may reject, or require that you change any user name, password, or other information that you provide to us in registering or logging in. Your user name and password are for your personal use only and should be kept confidential; you are responsible for any use of your user name and password, and you agree to promptly notify us of any confidentiality breach or unauthorized use of your user name and password, or your Site account.
7. Accuracy of Information. We attempt to ensure that information on this Site is complete, accurate, and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete, or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy, or current correctness of any information on this Site.
8. Our Proprietary Rights. We and our respective licensors and suppliers own the information and materials made available through the Site. Such information and materials may be protected by copyright, trademark, patent, and/or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized in advance by us, you agree not to reproduce, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create derivative works based on, all or any part of the Site or any information or materials made available through the Site.
You may not use our trademarks and service marks in connection with any product or service that is not ours, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion. Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademarks or service marks without express prior written consent of the owner.
PLEASE NOTE THAT UNAUTHORIZED USE OF ANY SERVICE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY SOFTWARE USED BY THE SERVICES, MAY SUBJECT YOU TO CIVIL AND CRIMINAL PENALTIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, POSSIBLE MONETARY DAMAGES), INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
9. Links. The Site may provide links to other web sites and online resources. We are not responsible for and do not endorse such external sites or resources. Other sites may link to the Site with or without our authorization, and we may block any links to or from the Site. YOUR USE OF THIRD-PARTY WEB SITES AND RESOURCES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. Additionally, we may provide tools to allow you to link to the Site directly from a third-party site; if you do link to the Site (whether using such tools or otherwise), you agree that you will disable and remove any such link promptly upon our request.
10. Limitations of Liability and Disclaimers. THE SITE AND ALL GOODS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND WE DISCLAIM ALL STATUTORY OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE AND ALL SERVICES, INFORMATION, AND MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE, INCLUDING THE REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND TITLE. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT THE SITE (OR ANY PART THEREOF) WILL BE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, OR ERROR-FREE, NOR THAT ANY PARTICULAR SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE, WILL BE COMPATIBLE WITH THE SITE, AND YOU HEREBY AGREE THAT IT IS YOUR SOLE RESPONSIBILITY TO (A) OBTAIN AND PAY FOR ANY SOFTWARE, HARDWARE AND SERVICES (INCLUDING INTERNET CONNECTIVITY) NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE AND (B) ENSURE THAT ANY SOFTWARE, HARDWARE, AND SERVICES THAT YOU USE WILL FUNCTION CORRECTLY WITH THE SITE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU MUST EVALUATE, AND THAT YOU BEAR ALL RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH, THE USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY RELIANCE ON THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, NOR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF OTHER INTANGIBLES, LOSS OF SECURITY OF INFORMATION YOU HAVE PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED INTERCEPTION OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES, EVEN IF ADVISED IN ADVANCE OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. FURTHER, WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR FROM ANY INFORMATION OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE IS TO STOP USING THE SITE. OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE SHALL BE THE TOTAL AMOUNT, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO US TO ACCESS AND USE THE SITE.
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW FOR LIMITATIONS ON CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS OF CERTAIN DAMAGES; SOLELY TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LAW APPLIES TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. IF APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF A PARTY’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY SUCH PARTY’S NEGLIGENCE, FRAUD, OR ANY OTHER MATTER, THEN SUCH PARTY’S LIABILITY WILL NOT BE LIMITED OR EXCLUDED TO THE EXTENT OF SUCH PROHIBITION UNDER SUCH APPLICABLE LAW.
While we try to maintain the security of the Site, we do not guarantee that the Site will be secure or that any use of the Site will be uninterrupted. Additionally, third parties may make unauthorized alterations to the Site.
If you become aware of any unauthorized third-party alterations to the Site, contact us at Compliance@LendersComplianceGroup.com with a description of the material(s) at issue and the URL or location of such materials.
11. Indemnity. Except to the extent prohibited under applicable law, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold us or our affiliates harmless from and against all claims, losses, costs, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of (a) your use of, or activities in connection with, the Site or (b) any violation of this Agreement by you.
12. Termination. This Agreement is effective until terminated. We may, at any time and for any reason, terminate your access to or use of (a) the Site, (b) your user name and password, or (c) any files or information associated with your user name and password. If we terminate your access to the Site, you will not have the right to bring claims against us or our affiliates with respect to such termination. We and our affiliates shall not be liable for any termination of your access to the Site or to any such information or files, and (except as may be required under mandatory applicable law) shall not be required to make such information or files available to you after any such termination. We may take steps that we believe are appropriate to enforce or verify compliance with any part of this Agreement (including our right to cooperate with any legal process relating to your use of the Site or any third-party claim that your use of the Site is unlawful or infringes such third party’s rights). Sections 2, 3, 7-13, and 18 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement.
13. Governing Law; Dispute Resolution. You hereby agree that this Agreement (and any claim or dispute arising in connection with this Agreement or your use of the Site) is governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A., without regard to its principles of conflicts of law, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in New York, New York, U.S.A., and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections thereto.
14. Filtering. Pursuant to 47 U.S.C. Section 230(d) as amended, we hereby notify you that parental control protections are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors. Please note that we do not endorse any of the products or services listed at these sites.
15. Information or Complaints. If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please feel free to contact us via email at Compliance@LendersComplianceGroup.com. Email communications are not necessarily secure, so please do not include sensitive information in any email to us.
You may also contact us at:
Lenders Compliance Group, Inc.
PO Box 82497
Las Vegas NV 89180
16. Ability to Enter into This Agreement. By using the Site, you affirm that you are of legal age to enter into this Agreement or, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to enter into this Agreement.
17. Contact Us. If you have any questions regarding the meaning or application of this Agreement, please direct such questions to Compliance@LendersComplianceGroup.com. Email communications are not necessarily secure, so please do not include sensitive information in any email to us.
We may or may not provide notice of changes to this Agreement or other matters by displaying such notices or by providing links to such notices. You agree that a printed version of the then-current Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings, based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. We will not be responsible for failure to fulfill any obligation due to causes beyond our control.
Please read the following terms and conditions carefully. They govern your use of this website. By using this website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, as they may be modified from time to time.
The receipt or review of material on this website does not constitute a contract for services or letter of engagement. The material contained in this website is for promotional or informational purposes only. The information presented may not reflect the most current legal or risk management developments and is not intended to constitute legal or risk management advice.
This website contains links to other websites that may be helpful to mortgage and lending professionals. These links are provided as a value-added service and should not be viewed as an endorsement.
The Site is not intended to provide, and should not be relied on as a source of, legal advice. Your access to the information and materials made available in or through the Site is not intended to create, and does not create, any attorney-client relationship or risk management relationship between you and Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. (or any of its affiliates). The information and materials provided in or through the Site may not be applicable in all (or any) situations and should not be acted upon without specific legal or risk management advice based on particular circumstances. Moreover, the information and materials provided in or through the Site, including via any links contained herein, may not reflect the most current legal or risk management developments and do not necessarily indicate future developments. Neither Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. nor its affiliates guarantee the accuracy, timeliness, or completeness of any information or materials provided in or through the Site, and Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. and its affiliates are not and cannot be responsible for any information and materials accessed in connection with the Site.
Each user of this Website agrees as follows:
1. Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property. Except as otherwise noted, all information, documentation and other content posted herein (collectively, “Information”) is the property of Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. The posting of Information does not constitute a waiver of any proprietary rights in such Information or a transfer of any such rights to you or any third party. You may not sell, republish, or copy the Information other than for personal use without the prior written consent of Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. Any reproduction of the Information must contain the copyright or similar notice.
2. Links to Other Websites. Links to other websites operated by third parties are provided as a courtesy. Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. has no control over these websites or the content thereof. You agree that Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. is not liable for actions arising out of or related to your usage of any link provided herein.
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. does not warrant that:
– this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
– the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, legal or regulatory advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal or regulatory compliance matters you should consult an appropriate professional.
Limitations of Liability
Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contract, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
-for any direct loss; or
-for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or
-for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
These limitations of liability apply even if Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
By using this website, you agree that the limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable.
If you do not think they are reasonable, please do not use this webs
You accept that Lenders Compliance Group, Inc. has an interest in limiting the personal liability of its officers and employees. You agree that you will not bring any claim personally against Lenders Compliance Group, Inc.’s officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website.
Without prejudice to the foregoing paragraph, you agree that the limitations of warranties and liability set out in this website disclaimer will protect Lenders Compliance Group, Inc.’s officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, successors, assigns and sub-contractors as well as Lenders Compliance Group, Inc.
If any provision of this website disclaimer is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that provision will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions of this website disclaimer.
Information Collection and Use
We automatically and through third-party web analytics companies (i.e., Google Analytics) gathers certain non-personally identifiable information about your use of the Website and stores it in log files belonging to the tracking services. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, to improve the content of our website and the quality of our service. Out of respect for your privacy, we do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
Tracking cookies are small text files that can tell web analytics companies what you are doing online, even though they don’t record your name or other personally identifiable information. These cookies are used by these companies to try and match ads to a user’s interests. We use tracking cookies to better understand how you use the site, and enhance your user experience. Your web browser will usually provide a method of removing tracking cookies. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.