Our Forensic Mortgage Audit® is a comprehensive review and analysis of all documentation related to an existing residential real estate loan. It is a detailed examination of specific loan documents, borrower fees and, where applicable, lender actions during the mortgage process.
The unique Forensic Mortgage Audit® uncovers and identifies any errors, unfair or misleading practices, overcharges or other lending violations made during the mortgage process. The Forensic Mortgage Audit® also determines if the mortgage is in compliance with RESPA, TILA, APR and all relevant federal and state regulations.
Forensic Mortgage Audit® reviews include:
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures (RESPA) – Regulation X
- Truth in Lending Act (TILA) – Regulation Z
- Home Ownership and Equity Protection Act (HOEPA)
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) – Regulation B
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Fair Credit Reporting Guidelines (FCRA)
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA)
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Applicable federal and state regulations as determined by LCG
- Loan level analytics